It was a real labour of love as I had thrown away several little houses and rubbish card stock the day before I had my eureka moment!!!
Basically,I struggled to get my head around the class as I didn't have a chipboard ring or anything similar. However, after a sleepless night I found my most important supply in the loft, amongst the Christmas decorations. In other words the wreath ring for our annual holly wreath. (thank you Pinterest). Meanwhile I had a roll of "stuff" left over from a wedding at work. Its just a roll of sheer fabric that I thought one day I might make into roses using my heat gun. After cutting it into pieces approx 1" by 5.5" I set about knotting it around both parts of the ring.
Using a svgcuts.com file I made a cute gingerbread house that was liberally punched to allow a tea light (battery operated of course) to shine through. I know it's not your usual gingerbread house colours but I was guided by the "stuff" and the fact that I still had some doodlebug glitter paper in my stash!
Being a bit of a goody two shoes I was a bit worried that my efforts started to look nothing like the example in the class. Yes it was wreath, and yes I had used a house. So.... in order to keep things (in my mind) on the straight and narrow I had no choice but to use Tim Holtz's tattered florals.
I duly cut several florals using the Sir Tim's cutting die but instead of using paper I used old aluminium food dishes. (How sad is it that I keep these things) I also bled quite a lot in the process and have several cuts on my hands as a testiment to the benefits of recycling!
After cutting said florals, I set about painting them all with white gesso. Once dry, I put them through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder. After embossing and using a file I rubbed off some of the paint to reveal the silver underneath.
Back to the class..... I layered the florals, not quite in the same way, but bent and curled them to make a lovely 3D effect and
finished them off with very old marcasite type buttons. VOILA!