Saturday, March 21, 2009

A rush to catch the post!




It was a rush to get the Mother's Day Cards completed yesterday. I knew what I wanted to achieve but didn't have a lot of time between massages, manicures and pedicures. As it was I missed giving them to Vernon the Postmaster at his 1.00 appointment and only just made it to the village post office to catch the 5.00 p.m. collection! The pink one in reality looks a lot more subtle than it is with pale pink/white polka dot cartstock and pinkini bazzil. The Tulle was bazzil (I have loads of it now that I'm no longer making wedding invitations!) and the verse reads: "The trouble with mothers is that however well groomed and sophisticated you look to stangers, THEY know your knickers are probably held up with a safety pin!".
The green and pink card for Nick's mum had a quote from Immanuel Kant "I shall never forget my mother, for it was who planted and nurtured the first seeds of Good within me. She opened my heart to the impressions of nature, she awakened my understanding and extended my horison, and her precepts exerted and everlasting influence upon the course of my life". The paper was Imaginisce Baby Power and Oopsie Daily and again the Tulle was Bazzill (left over from Christmas stash).

No comments:

Post a Comment